Saturday 4 May 2013

Creating Grunge and Texture with Heather Jacob

Hello and welcome my friends, 
Heather with you today and every Saturday for the month of May 
A GREAT BIG THANKS to Olga for inviting me
 and sending me such yummy papers and delish elements.
Today I am sharing with you a Grunge layout 

'MEMORIES' 
showcasing some photos from a Desert Trip back in 2008 
Baden(my hubby) and his mates traveled along the very rugged 'Canning Stock Route'
 which meanders through the middle of Australia 
 8 Guys, 3 Vehicles, 8,000 Kms.
They had the most amazing adventure, which they still talk and laugh about, 
 and lucky, lucky me, having 2.000 photos to play with. 
I created a mini book with 60 of the photos back in 2009. 
Today I created a very Rustic and Textured Layout .

close up of the banner featuring the glorious Kaiser Base coat collection 

I fell in love with this entire Range, which is just Perfect for rustic/grunge layouts 

Kaiser materials used 
Basecoat Whitewash
Basecoat Concrete

For this layout I used some corrugated board as my base.
I grunged it up by tearing sections to reveal the corrugation 
then I began staining, painting, inking, stamping, sanding.
I wanted to create a foundation to represent the colors, texture and the rustic rawness 
of the Australian outback .  
I cut the paper into strips, using both sides
 and kept layering the strips 
until I was happy .
lastly I added the mounted photos and elements .
this was a fun and messy project to create .
Please have a go at creating one of these rustic pages as really 
all you do is keep adding and layering, if you are not happy 
just add another layer of ink or paint!
It is really that easy, trust me  !!!


other materials used 
Prima acrylic stamp / trellis
Kaiser acrylic stamp/ bubble wrap
Tim Holtz Distress ink /Rusty Hinge 
Tim Holtz Alterations /Sizzix/ Tag 
Tim Holtz Alterations/ Pediments*Frontone*frontones. 
Tim Holtz kraft -Core / Rusty Hinge 
Tim Holtz / crackle paint./rusty hinge stain
Tim Holtz / tissue tape/film strip .
2Crafty chipboard/ tags/chicken wire 
Graphic45 /metal hinge 
black versa color ink 
gesso and machine stitching


thanks so much for popping by and I do hope I have inspired you to have a play 
with these stunning papers .
hugz from Heather and I will be back next Saturday .

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. wow this is awesome heather...love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wholly grungariffic !!! ok that was a tad sad.... but wo wo wowza, this is amazing, love the texture, the colours are truly awesome,oh heck is it too early to get down and get grungey!! Heather I love it !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather I LOVE the grunginess and rustic feel to this page, the layers and colours are awesome, fabulous page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your style Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wonderful works of art heather, your style is my eye candy, great showcasing of the product, going to give thi a try for sure.

    ReplyDelete

09 10