Friday 17 May 2013

Remember Birth Days!

Good morning Sassy friends!
I try to record all the important dates on my calendar, but sometimes, special people can slip through the net... Eeeek! So, to remedy this, I have created a sweet little birthday calendar, using a sleeve from my Echo Park 'Today's Story' Photo Freedom kit, that will take pride of place on my desk (and will hopefully avoid any future red-faced moments for yours truly!)
To start, I've carefully cut up one of the 4x6 Horizontal photo sleeves that comes in the kit, into 6 individual pockets. (I have actually used 7 pockets for this project, as I chose to sleeve the cover, but it's optional.)
I then went about choosing various title cards and embellishments from the kit. 
There are loads to choose from, with various colours and sentiments, along with two types of alphas and various co-ordinating stickers.

With February being the month of love, I've popped on a heart that I cut with my 
Cameo as well as a few Elle's Studio You & Me tidbits. 

Some of the journalling cards I chose already had lines marked out, so I've kept them plain. However, for some of the other months, I've done up a few lines on the computer, and printed them onto vellum. I've backed them with white card stock so they stand out a bit easier on the busier patterns.
Some of the other embellishments I've added are the sticker backings from the kit sheet as well as a little twine, some washi and coloured staples.
I've used Kasiercraft clear stamp on July and made some faux stitching with a pen.
The 'noted' card is from a collection I found on Pinterest and I've also used lots of Greatest View flair which go perfectly with this collection.
For Christmas, I've added just a tiny bit of Basic Grey and Pink Paislee festive cheer. 
The stand was created quite simply from an old postpak envelope that I cut to size and folded, stapling the bottom together. I covered the visible side with a sheet of Kaisercraft Class Act 'Finish' and painted the inside of the stand with black acrylic. Instead of using a wire binder, I've punched holes in my pockets as well as my stand and threaded some Kaisercraft album rings through.




If you couldn't be bothered to make a stand, this Heidi Swapp one could work very well.


Sassy Supplies used:


Other items:




We would love to see what you create with your Sassy Goodies!

Thanks for stopping by today - Have a fabulous weekend!

Till next time
Chantalle

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. this is awesome Chantalle...love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love!!! Now I need to make myself one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I SSSOOO LOVE this creations! what an incredible way to keep the birthdays together and combination of colours!....Drool!!! Awesome Work!{HUGS}

    ReplyDelete

09 10