Saturday 7 September 2013

Little Boys

Hi everyone!!!  Welcome to my first post here at Sassy Scrappers as guest designer for the month of September.  I am excited to be here and share with you some fun things I have been creating.  Olga sent me a lovely box of sweet things to play with this month.
 
My box consisted of the Sunshine in my Soul collection by Glitz.   Here is my first creation also featuring a tutorial.  Lets get to it.
 
I found this cute saying on Pinterest (where else!!) and just had to use it!
 
 
"Little Boys" 
 
 


Just some closeups and detailed shots for you.









Okay now let me share my creative process with you (I apologise in advance for the not so good photography, by the time I completed the layout it was night time). 
Step 1.  Taking the Rays Paper as my background I used a piece of cardboard to scrape some Gesso down the page.  I kept the direction of my strokes with the direction of the sun rays. 
Step 2.  Using the lid off one of my Shimmerz bottles I dipped into the Lemon Drop Dazzlers and added some circles to the page.  I then used a paint brush to add a little Gesso and Lemon Drop to the centre of the circles.



Step 3.  Take the lid off the Shimmerz product, Before Dawn Vibez, and using the nozzle flick the Vibez onto your page.

Step 4.  Taking your stencil to the page, scrape some texture paste to random areas of the page.




Step 5.  Spray the Shimmerz Vibez in Before Dawn to those stencilled areas allowing the mist to run down the page.
Step 6.  Using the Gritty Graphite Texturez stencil a few single dots randomly to the page.



Step 7.  Apply the photo mat.  Cut 2 pieces of coordinating paper to sit underneath your photo, allowing the edges to be seen once the photo is placed down.  Tear a piece of calico and fray the edges with your fingers leaving the threads attached.  Make a circle with a piece of string and adhere it to the top of the calico.



Step 8.  Now that your photo mat is in place, you can adhere your photo.
Step 9.  Using florist vine, create a circular shape and place it around the subjects in your photo.  Arrange a few flowers around the florist vine.

 
 
Step 10.  Grab a small piece of bubble wrap and paint with turquoise paint.  Stencil the bubbles to your page.
 
 
Step 11.  Add the teal flower to match in with the paint.  At the top of the photo a Hambly banner was added to coordinate with the banners in the paper print.
 
 


Step 12.  With a small paintbrush apply a small amount of Gesso to the flowers and the florist vine.
Step 13.  Adhere some accent stickers to your page using foam tape.  Here I have added the frame, hello word, washi pieces, arrows and the heart.  Attach the bow at the top of the page along with the flair button on the banner.
Step 14.  Create the title on the right hand side of the layout using the alphabet sticker sheet.
Step 15.  Using the Gummy Berry Blue Dazzlerz paint,  apply this with a small paintbrush underneath some of the embellishments.  This really adds depth to your page.



Step 16.  Covering the photo add some more Shimmerz flicks in Before Dawn Vibez.  Keep the flicks close to your embellishments.  Stamp the hot air balloon with black ink under the flower cluster and at the top of the page.
Step 17.  Apply a small amount of Coal Shimmerz under your title and under the floral arrangement.  This creates a shadow effect on your page once again adding lots of depth.


Step 18.  Lastly adhere a few yellow enamel dots to the page.



 
 
 I hope you enjoyed my tutorial today :)
 
Here are some of the products I used.  You can find them in the Sassy Scrapper online store here.
 
Sassy Shop: www.sassyscrapper.com.au 
 
Sunshine In My Soul Rays Paper
 


Sunshine in my Soul 12x12 Titles and Accents Stickers







Prima Divine Flower Stem Yellow





#tcw426s The Crafters Workshop 6x6 Stencil Cut Circles





Freckled Fawn Ombre Yellow Enamel Dew Drops






Shimmerz Dazzlerz Lemon Drop

Shimmerz Dazzlerz Gummy Berry Blue

Prima Interlude Turquiose



Don't forget the blog hop is still active for the month of September and there are some great prizes on offer.  You can find all of the details here !!
 
Thankyou for visiting today, I can't wait to share more with you in the coming weeks.
 
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. wow this tutorial was fabulous, thanks so much for taking to the time to document everything. I love the products you've used from Sassy Scrappers, they are my first 'go to' on-line shop when I want the latest products.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stace, still a huge fan of your work.. LOVE this LO and thanks for sharing your creative process. KarenB xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg... How adorable
    I am so scared to use flowers on my boys page but I shouldn't be.
    What a fantastic page

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic step by step Stacey! What a gorgeous layout

    ReplyDelete

09 10