Monday 5 May 2014

Project Life | Week 14...

Hello Sassy Friends!  How was your {inter}National Scrapbook Day spent on the weekend?  I hope you found the time to be creative!  I've been busy playing with the new PL May Kit available in store here.  Today I am sharing with you how I used this kit to create Project Life Week 14 | 31 March - 6 April.
 
 
 
http://sassyscrapper.com.au/catalog.php?item=7270
 
This week was a colourful week with many activities being completed at both home and school. 
 

I started putting my spread together by choosing which colours in the May kit suited my photos the best.  I eventually decided on the fun hot pink, complemented with touches of yellow in the embellishments. 
 
 

There is a lot of 'black' in my photos from either clothing or shadows and I highlighted it in my spread by adding the Plus One Combo Paper
 
 
I also really love the Plus One Date Paper in the kit, so appropriately, for my 'date' pocket I fussy cut around the numbers to represent the week recorded.

 
To link the two pages of my spread together, I've added some machine stitching to the pockets that hold blocks of hot pink in the cards...
 
 
 
 
 
With the gorgeous collection of embellishments, I've layered and stitched them together to create interest in an individual 3"x4" pocket.  I typed my journaling onto the Elle's Studio tags before cutting them out.  This way it was much easier to work with than trying to run small pieces of paper through my typewriter! :)
 

 
To finish off my Week 14 spread, I've documented in the form of a "currently we are" journaling style.  This style of journaling helps to document the everyday stuff such as what you are watching, reading, listening to and planning.  It a great way to record some fun facts!
 
 
 
Using a kit is a great way to put together PL spreads quickly.  If your photos clash horribly with the colours, remember black and white prints will always work with any colour combination.
 
 
 
Leanne Allinson May Project Life Kit
 
 
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely LOVE your PL spreads Leanne - I MUST get back onto mine - thanks for the inspiration :) xo Charm

    ReplyDelete

09 10