Monday 23 June 2014

Project Life | Week 21...

Hello Everyone! Project Life Monday has come around again!! Welcome to Week 21 | May 19 - 25.
 
 
This week I have continued to play with the June Sassy Scrapper Project Life kit (now sold out).
 

On my spread today, I have used lots of 'strip layers', inspired by the Crate Paper | Styleboard Inspiration paper piece.  I wanted to overlap and create subtle layers to add interest to my pages without having the extra bulk.


 Some of these layers were added directly to my photos...
 
 
...While other strips were layered directly to 4"x6" patterned paper.  This method on filler cards, is also partly due to the lack of photos I had available for Week 21.  *grin*  Even with this problem, I still wanted some interest in the pockets where I was promoting my 'white space'.
 


On the first page, I also trimmed a tag from the whole Crate Paper sheet and typed some of our story.  I then added it a 3"x4" project life card. 

 
This week I have also focused on the wood flourishes.  These little details can add a touch of fun or even drama(!) to the spread.
 
 

 
The wooden flourish frame highlights the PL week without overwhelming the pocket.
 

 And they can also help convey the humour in the photos/story.  This speech bubble embellishment is so cute!
 
 
I've teamed a lot of the paper strips with the Teresa Collins sticker labels and a few enamel dots.  I also love that these embellishment clusters can hide unwanted details that show up in photos!!
 

 
 
This week, it's simple.  Add interest with paper strips to avoid bulk on your PL spreads.  Thanks for visiting..x
 
June Project Life Kit as Designed by Leanne Allinson
 
Captured Moments 12x12 Multi Pocket Pages 2
 
Becky Higgins Project Life Alphabet Stickers Grey 8 Sheets
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10