Monday 11 August 2014

Project Life | Week 28...

Hello Friends!  Have you seen the new Sassy Scrapper Project Life August kit? Today I have the pleasure of sharing with you my Project Life | Week 28.
 
Can you believe we are past.. (I'll let that sink in..) halfway through the year! My PL album is certainly filling out nicely!  I hope yours is too.
 

 
This week carried over from a crazy week before.  It was still the school holidays and we still needed to celebrate my baby's fifth birthday.  A few photo collages helped share the stories in that respect.

 
The Teresa Collins patterned paper and the Kaisercraft Captured Moments PL cards in the kit compliment each other beautifully.
 

It was just a matter of adding the right number of layers between the PL cards and patterned paper, before I was happy to leave them be.  And most of the time with this spread, simplicity won out.


 
To add a little extra dimension with the stickers, I trimmed them directly from their sheet, leaving a small border around the actual sticker shape.
 

 
On page two, I fell in love with the cork stars!  We first visited our local and brand new superstore, Costco, at night.  I thought using stars in the blank space of the photo helped emphasise that part of the story.
 
 
I've also used the cork star next to the photo of my son, showing me how old he is, with his fingers.  The five points of the star relate to his five fingers.  *grin*
 

As a journaling feature this week, I thought I would ask my five year old what his favourite things are right now.  I labelled his cute answers in paper strips directly to a PL card.
 


 
The BINGO card patterned paper was a fun element, layered with stickers and trimmed patterned paper to create a filler card.
 

 
It is always fun to look back on interesting or unique journaling. If you journal in full paragraphs throughout most of your spreads, perhaps including a fun Q&A session could spice things up a bit.
 
Thanks for visiting..x
Project Life - August Kit
 
Captured Moments 12x12 Multi Pocket Pages 2
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10