Friday 13 November 2015

Yuletide Holiday Banner

 Hello Sassy friends!

Woop woop it's Friday, and to celebrate, I've made a banner. Okkaaay, so it's not a 'Friday' banner, but something equally fun and decorative to start getting us in to a festive mood!


It really started with this cool Pink Paislee Yuletide Countdown paper. I thought about making a countdown calendar type thing, but I've made a few of those in the past. I knew for sure that I wanted to use the numbers, so I grabbed my trusty Fiskars shape cutting tool and circular stencil and began cutting each number out. If you have a large circle punch, life will be a lot easier for you!

Yuletide Countdown Paper 12x12


Once all the circles were cut, I used my sewing machine to stitch them together to create a long banner. Tip: Pull the element a bit after stitching and before you add the next element, so there is a bit of thread between them and they're not too bunched up.


I've also stitched on some Pink Paislee Yuletide large cardstock alphabet. These large letters have a really lovely pearl finish to them, which give off a gentle shimmer. So pretty. 
You can also find jumbo numbers, which are available in red.

 
 
Along with the stitched circles and letters, spelling out the words 'Merry & Bright', I have paired my sewn garland with some twinkling red sequin ribbon and a cute DIY pom pom banner.

You can create one easily by grabbing a pack of pom poms ($2 at a Discount store) and threading them along a length of embroidery floss. The needle goes into them really easily and you can adjust the spacing quickly. Mix up colour and sizes for a bit of variety.

All three garlands were then grouped and pegged at intervals.
 

In amongst there are also some tags from the Yuletide ephemera pack, which I have tied on using some white seam binding.


A really simple project that be altered to include any of your favourite holiday items. 
I am keen to add some little bells and fairy lights to mine! 

Have a go at making one of your own with these items from the Sassy Store

 Yuletide Jumbo Cardstock Alphabet 43/Pkg White ShimmerYuletide Foiled Acetate & Cardstock Die-Cuts 61/PkgYuletide Countdown Paper 12x12
Hug Snug Seam Binding - White (per mtr)

Thanks so much for stopping by today.

Wishing you a fabulous weekend!

Chantalle

2 comments:

09 10