Thursday 9 March 2017

Express and Discover Art Journal Page by Farrel Tailor


Hi Everyone!!! I am super excited to be joining the Sassy Scrappers Design Team for the next few months. I will be sharing with you all my mixed media style and hopefully you will feel inspired to give it a go.

So here is my page, I was inspired by a dress I saw with these colours on it and used the ever so delicious Dylusions Paints

Here are some process shots, I also have a process video below so be sure to check it out!!



So I started with Dylusions Paint Black Marble and covered my art journal page using a baby wipe at first but then decided to use a mini blending tool instead.


Once dried I then used Lemon Zest with a little bit of water and painted onto my stamping block. I pressed it onto my page but wasn't happy with the result so I switched to using a piece of acetate that I had trimmed, you could also use any packaging plastic.

Using the same technique, I used Pure Sunshine, London Blue, Vibrant Turquoise and Funky Fuchsia. I also splattered using a paint brush.


Once it was dry I then used Dina Wakley's new Stencil I Want with Ranger Texture Paste. I did originally try to stencil using the Dylusions Paint White Linen but it didn't quite work out how I wanted so I went over the top with texture paste. I also mixed White Linen with a small amount of water and splattered lightly.



And to finish it off I highlighted the words using my Dylusions Paint Pen.
So there you have it, I hope you enjoy the video and until next time - Happy Scrappin!!


Farrel xx
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10